I suggest you ...

allow notes to be attached to controls

Allow free-form text notes to be attached to particular controls, and printed/viewed in some way. Interesting details how this should work.

For example, are notes attached to a control regardless of course, or to a control in a course, or allow either?

Allow notes attached to other things (course, leg, special item, start, finish)?

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter GoldeAdminPeter Golde (Admin, Purple Pen) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Susi BerteiSusi Bertei commented  · 

This would be useful if you wanted to describe the same feature in different ways on different courses eg Man made object on a harder course, versus "bench", "power pole", play equipment" etc on beginners courses

• New Mexico OrienteersNew Mexico Orienteers commented  · 

I did this simply by adding a text note to the control descriptions, below the control. It added minimal clutter to the descriptions and map, and was well received by the competitors.

• New Mexico OrienteersNew Mexico Orienteers commented  · 

I might use this feature, if it existed. I just found a tree exploded by lightning, and I wanted to set a control there and call out the lightning strike in the text of the control description.

Feedback and Knowledge Base