General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. An automatic freehand line drawing

When you push (or click) left mouse button it soud begin to track points where ever the mouse pointer goes, until you release (or click again) the left mouse button. Probably is more usefull if you add this behavior to every line drawing tool, and provide a activated/desactivated method as example by holding down/releasing a key (shift or control key).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. support OCAD text format export

Support exporting course information in the OCAD text format, in addition to the current IOF XML format.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a more obvious link to the launchpad site from the home/contribute page

Provide a link to https://launchpad.net/purple-pen from http://purplepen.golde.org/contribute.htm

It seems like there is no link anywhere from http://purplepen.golde.org the only way I found the launchpad site was through the translation instructions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Course length in meters

For short courses it would be more convenient to display the length in meters.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Double click on text with mouse allows to change the text

When double clicking on the text, it should be possible to immediately edit the text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When using a marked/taped route to the Finish, the words 'Navigate to Finish' appear in English versions of the control descriptions.

There appears to be a bug, because in English versions of the control descriptions the wording should be 'Follow tapes __m to the Finish'. Instead the words 'Navigate __m to the Finish' appear.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To make it easier to plan courses on the same map, but with different scales and graphics

I would like to suggest one enhancement, if I may. It is related to graphics for courses.
    Currently, objects like printing area and descriptions are associated with each course.
    Other objects, such as white-out areas, images, lines, and texts are associated with an event. This creates a problem when the same map is used for events that have different map scales and paper sizes. In these cases, the graphic’s layout is different for each map scale.
    I have an event to prepare that uses one map for two races. I would like to use one master map with all controls…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Flagged course

At least in Czech Republic we have flagged course for the youngest. These courses are flagged along whole course, it would be nice to be able to do this in Purple Pen. Currently, I can do it by making separate project and use bend tool to mark the flagged path.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug: change control code

Make a course. Click a control code in the definition. Double click. Write new number. Click enter. The number does not change.

To change number you are not allowed to have single clicked the number before you double click. You must have another row yellow, then double click another line to make the cahnge of control code cahnge.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change and mix colour of the control circle

i need to use 2 types of controls, mandatory ones (in blue for example) and optionnal ones (in violine).
    It's to use with pupils (in france ) in team races (from 2 to 4 members).
    Thanks for helping

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Tell us about the origin of Purple Pen, the people behind it and how donations are spent

I have found Purple Pen to be a fantastic planning resource. I want to make the case for a donation to my local orienteering club and it would help to know something of how things work behind the scenes!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pourquoi, alors qu'il y a la possibilité de saisir ses schémas de poinçon, il n'y a pas la possibilité d'imprimer un carton de correction ?

Pourquoi, alors qu'il y a la possibilité de saisir ses schémas de poinçon, il n'y a pas la possibilité d'imprimer un carton de correction ?
    Il serait vraiment intéressant d'imprimer les cartons de correction

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Control Description Printing

As a professional map printer, we usually supply the control descriptions glued at the head, and print 4 or 5 courses at one time, but is it possible to stop Purple Pen filling a sheet with cd's and just have them arranged at the head?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi. The latest Ppen adds 22 to the points that I place in a score event. The preview is OK but the printout is wrong. Love the program

Peter, I can't find the correct way to report an issue so hence above note. Brian Slater HALO UK

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. create control descriptions in Danish

I am working with school orientering where it is often suitable to work with text descriptions in stead of IOF symbols. PP creates automatically the descriptions in English which is not applicable for Danish schoolboys and -girls. How do I do descriptions in Danish?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show lengths of course variations in Course Summary report

A small suggestion to improve the Course Summary report: I have created a relay course with two forks and three member teams, giving nine variations. I need the variations to be approximately the same length with a spread of no more than two hundred metres between the shortest and longest. When I look at the Course Summary report it only shows me the length range for the entire course but doesn’t show me the length of each variation. If the range looks too large I have to go through each course one-by-one and note the course lengths from the control…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multi-couleurs pour les postes

Est-il envisageable d'avoir la possibilité de modifier la couleur de certains postes (= course au réseau de postes en scolaire) Ex : avoir certains postes en violine et d'autres postes en bleu. Cela peut aussi permettre aux créateurs de circuits de différencier leurs circuits par des couleurs de postes différentes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change the appearance of the numbers 6 and 9. The tail should end farther from the circle part of the number.

Any map detail between the end of the tail and the circle part of the number tends to make the 6 or 9 look like an 8. A straight tail would never be mistaken for an 8.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base